COVID-19 Letter of Care
Last Updated: 12/08/2020
As Christchurch now returns to Level 2, we write to share our current plan and response and to assure you that Movement Art Practice continues to monitor the situation closely. The formulation of our plan is guided by information sharing from local and national health agencies.
At this stage, while not business as usual we will continue to run classes IRL and URL.
MAP is working with Hagley Studios and AGA Studios to provide a clean and safe environment for all who attend our classes with a strong focus on hygiene and asking any participant, guest or tutor to stay home if they are unwell.
We encourage you to wash your hands on arrival for class and we will provide hand sanitiser as well. Tutors will not be planning any partner work and will avoid physical contact with each other and the floor while teaching, in line with social distancing guidelines. We will limit classes to 15 people per class and if there is a large intake for studio bookings, we will add another class to spread participants out.
We encourage you to take the following steps to ensure the health of our community.
The most powerful defences against this disease are to:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- If you feel sick, stay home.
- If you have fever, cough and/or shortness of breath, and recently traveled to an area with ongoing spread of coronavirus, or have been in close contact with someone who has recently traveled to any of those areas, go to your doctor.
For further information:
NZ Ministry of Health Guidelines
Centre for Disease Control and Prevention Information Regarding Coronavirus 2019 (Covid-19)
World Health Organization Coronavirus (Covid-19) Information
MAP will be vigilant and make necessary changes as the situation evolves – hopefully towards more freedom but will respond no matter what. We encourage you to monitor the situation too. Please pay close attention to the announcements and advice of public health experts and any MAP updates via our website and social media platforms .
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact MAP at 021 944 195 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Office hours are Monday-Friday to 9:00am-5:00pm.
Thank you for your presence and commitment to MAP!
Stay well and keep safe.
Ngā mihi nui,
Movement Art Practice