COVID-19 Letter of Care
Last updated: 18/08/2021
Welcome to Level 4!
Whilst it's been awhile for us here in Otautahi, we have done this before and we can do it again.
MAP is committed to creating space for movement makers to flourish in Otautahi. To that effect, we will be running our classes tonight as usual but via Zoom. You can book class via the classes page and pay a special Zoom rate. Our kids classes this Saturday will also be held on Zoom. We will reasses and update you all after this Friday's government press conference.
Unlike last lockdown, MAP has our own studio space now, which makes this that much harder to no longer share space with you IRL. We are excited though, to share our home dancing spaces with you via Zoom and look forward to moving with you digitally.
Please see below some guidelines on how to dance safely via zoom, based on T&Cs compiled by Lucy Guerin Studio in Melbourne.
• Please ensure you are in a suitable and safe space for the class. Clear away any hot drinks or food, and large objects such as lamps and desks. Be mindful of furniture you will be dancing amidst. If you have chosen to dance outside, please be mindful of the surface you dance on.
• Please arrive at least 10 minutes before the class start time, to ensure we can resolve any technical gremlins well before the start time.
• Your mic will be muted at the start of the class so everyone can focus on the teacher’s voice. While you can unmute yourself, wherever possible keep it muted so as not to disrupt other participants’ audio / video feed (see below if you have a technical issue).
• You can choose whether you want your video on or off during the class. It will automatically be on at the start of the video.
• Technical issue with Zoom? Please write questions in the chat section so we can try to solve it without disturbing others.
• MAP Classes are not to be recorded - please respect the wishes of our tutors by not recording any content of the session without advanced written permission.
• We hope everyone enjoys and supports one another in enjoying the class experience. Should anyone not do so, or not respect requests made by the tutor, we reserve the right to remove participants from the class.
Keep safe everyone! Your wellbeing is important to us. We are anxious to share our studio space with you soon.
Last Updated: 12/08/2020
As Christchurch now returns to Level 2, we write to share our current plan and response and to assure you that Movement Art Practice continues to monitor the situation closely. The formulation of our plan is guided by information sharing from local and national health agencies.
At this stage, while not business as usual we will continue to run classes IRL and URL.
MAP is working with Hagley Studios and AGA Studios to provide a clean and safe environment for all who attend our classes with a strong focus on hygiene and asking any participant, guest or tutor to stay home if they are unwell.
We encourage you to wash your hands on arrival for class and we will provide hand sanitiser as well. Tutors will not be planning any partner work and will avoid physical contact with each other and the floor while teaching, in line with social distancing guidelines. We will limit classes to 15 people per class and if there is a large intake for studio bookings, we will add another class to spread participants out.
We encourage you to take the following steps to ensure the health of our community.
The most powerful defences against this disease are to:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- If you feel sick, stay home.
- If you have fever, cough and/or shortness of breath, and recently traveled to an area with ongoing spread of coronavirus, or have been in close contact with someone who has recently traveled to any of those areas, go to your doctor.
For further information:
NZ Ministry of Health Guidelines
Centre for Disease Control and Prevention Information Regarding Coronavirus 2019 (Covid-19)
World Health Organization Coronavirus (Covid-19) Information
MAP will be vigilant and make necessary changes as the situation evolves - hopefully towards more freedom but will respond no matter what. We encourage you to monitor the situation too. Please pay close attention to the announcements and advice of public health experts and any MAP updates via our website and social media platforms .
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact MAP at 021 944 195 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Office hours are Monday-Friday to 9:00am-5:00pm.
Thank you for your presence and commitment to MAP!
Stay well and keep safe.
Ngā mihi nui,
Movement Art Practice